Show me an example Halloween the "Cultural exchange" | Chris' English School

Sunday, October 31, 2010

Halloween the "Cultural exchange"





Some people choose not to celebrate their culture and the traditions. Others choose to do so but under mutually acceptable conditions. For example, a party where people can choose to attend or not. I already do that. I need more!!

I had to employ "Guerrilla tactics" :)

I once sat out in-front of my local supermarket wearing this mask and getting blitzed on beer and chu-hi.....in July. (I quit drinking about 2 years ago though so...no more of that ;) )

This is the Halloween version of "If you can't bring Mohammed to the Mountain than bring the Mountain to Mohammed". Though to be honest this I'm afraid....is not true. I enjoyed today because I wanted to have fun and I used a holiday as an excuse ;)

Besides that phrase is inaccurate and in fact backwards. The implied power was infact meant to be expressed in the opposite way:

"he was never a whit abashed, but said, If the hill will not come to Mahomet, Mahomet will go to the hill."

I studied religion at my University which was fascinating but I'm not all that religious. I just mentioned this because I realized via "Google" that this phrase is almost always misspoken,misconstrued and misinterpreted F.Y.I ;)

Nobody was hurt by my "cultural expressiveness". I got a lot of laughs and made some people turn around and run the other way. I was an American Zombie.

I came.
I saw.
I scared ass!! ;)

*****Last Halloween post...I promise!!!*****