Show me an example Asashoryu and me | Chris' English School

Friday, February 5, 2010

Asashoryu and me




In 2001 there was a Sumo demonstration put on in Yanai,Japan. I was a big fan of Sumo since living in Hawaii and the rivalry between Akebono, Musashimaru, V.S. Takanohana, Wakanohana was something that kept me glued to the tournaments on T.V. being re-broadcast via NGN in Hawaii.

When I went to the Sumo display I was hoping to get Musashimaru's pic with me. I waited for him and when I told him I was also from Hawaii and could I snag a quick pic he just glared at me and walked by like some arrogant mainland haole.



He was busy,tired..I don't know but he acted like an bit_h and I was pissed..REALLY pissed. No Aloha from a local boy.

I walked out and thought..."I gotta get a picture with a sumo wrestler before I leave" Outside the main auditorium was one lone rikshi. I asked if I could get a picture and he smiled and obliged. He put his arm on my shoulder for the second pic ( that picture and the negatives are lost?)
You can see a few things..

1. I was 106Kg!!!! (now I'm 74.5 and hover near 80 when I'm weightlifting)
2. I was still pissed about the punk Musashimaru so I couldn't even smile.
3. Asashoryu is chill. He was glad to take the pic. no bad vibes whatsoever.

I didn't know who he was at the time but 2 years later I was BLOWN AWAY to see the Yokozuna ceremony being performed by the guy I snapped a picture with!!!
I had to find the pic (which took a while) to confirm it was true.
He is famous now and always surrounded by people but on that day no one knew him and he was standing by himself and was kind enough to take a pic.

Thanks Asashoryu!!


His first 20 tournaments. He won 25

********
Dear Japan Sumo Association,
Thanks for being stupid,racist and un-supportive of your biggest attraction. You guys suck it hard. You just f__ed yourself and every Sumo fan because your ignorant.
You should all be fired. The 3rd winning est Yokuzuna in the long history of the sport is now gone for no good reason that couldn't have been resolved with some thought.
Can you imagine a company letting it's star staff member walk?? How about a 2 tournament "vacation" without pay and with 25 tournaments and a chance at history and getting older that's not a small thing.
Did ANYONE consider that?? He comes back with a clear head and your star is back drawing the crowds and if he still can controll himself then cut him and trumpet your efforts to have tried. This is the best you all could do?? Are you fu__ng serious?? If the Japan Sumo Association was a public company you morons would drive it straight into the ground.

Nice job geniuses!! The best Sumo wrestler on the planet is now "retired". And that's good for who exactly??
********

I was lucky to get that pic and meeting him ranks right up there with meeting Tupac Shakur in Hawaii before he died. No pic of that but a nice memory.


Thanks for the picture Asashoryu!! Good luck with your future!!!

....Can I flip it? I may get wicked as I rip it.
To get specific: If the shoe fits, then kick it.
It's for the gifted. Pump your fist if you wit it.
Here's your ticket to see Mr. Wicked rip shit.
Now they wanna ban me???
(Told ya)
All I wanted to be was a soulja!!!!

"Representin' 93'" - Tupac Shakur