Show me an example Inspire the next ( D.I.Y. Computer Rigs) | Chris' English School

Saturday, December 12, 2009

Inspire the next ( D.I.Y. Computer Rigs)



I just convinced a H.S. student to build their own rig. It is a pretty simple endeavor (no harder than a 8-10 piece puzzle)and it gives them more understanding to what's going on under the hood. You can upgrade easier and if it's not a software problem that ills you then you can attack the hardware side with confidence while troubleshooting.


I built 2 rigs and the school rig has undergone several upgrades and will soon approach retirement but it's been spinnin' cycles for 6 1/2 years so she deserves her retirement. I found a new case (Coolermaster scout) while showing my student how easy and cheap it is to build your own unique masterpiece.




She says she fell from #1 to #2 in English in her grade because a boy who lived in America for a few years via dad's job unseated her. He just beat her and she improved over her own score in July when she was #1. Alright....I'm cool with that as long as she kicks his sorry ass next time.... which I think she's gonna do because she doesn't like being 2nd. Does anyone like being 2nd???