Show me an example Japanese Junior High School 1st grade (girls notebook) | Chris' English School

Wednesday, November 25, 2009

Japanese Junior High School 1st grade (girls notebook)






When i was in school i could barely keep a decent notebook. I was surprised to see Chinami's which looks like an illustrated story book to me. The girl has major art skills!! The guy in the bathtub is supposed to be Sir Isaac Newton. I can verify that since I can't read Japanese. Her teachers must give her high marrks for maintaining an outstanding notebook!!






This is her English diary before I put the "red pen" to it :) She is also loving the pen tablet she got for her combined Christmas/Birthday presents.






The question is: "What are you doing?"
They are writing possible responses. I will repeat asking the question until they can't come up with an answer. At any given moment they could say..

I'm sitting down.
I'm looking at you.
I'm listening to the sound of your computer/ fans/ voice/ the car outside...
I'm touching ( )
I'm thinking about ( )
I'm watching ( )
I'm studying English...at the best English school in Japan!
(that would earn a chocolate and they KNOW that ;) )

or the always acceptable

I'm cold chillin' dog ! ;)