Show me an example 5% short of acceptable. | Chris' English School

Saturday, May 10, 2008

5% short of acceptable.











I had a student come in and tell me she got 95% on an English test at School. She seemed quite proud. My first response was: What happened to the other 5%?? She said she had made 2 careless mistakes. I knew that HAD to be the case since my lesson and her skill is far above her J.H. English course.

For a half a second I felt like I should praise her, but that thought quickly exited my mind. Some kids are self motivators while the rest of us need to be tied to the "whipping post" and be given clear instructions and a hard push to reach our full potential.

Welcome to the Whipping Post ;)