Show me an example Is 8 the best year? | Chris' English School

Wednesday, April 30, 2008

Is 8 the best year?







It seems to me that if you can get phonics finished by 7yrs old you set up the student to really excel rapidly when it comes to reading. Between the 8th and 9th birthday seems to be the time when the brain is most ready for intensive learning? It happens in my school again and again.

7yr old = Phonics, Vocabulary, simple form communication

8yr old = (Skip simple reading and go straight to High School level), Vocabulary, Diary, Complex communication.

9yr old and up = Adult beginner style lessons with the speed of the lesson adjusted to the class level.

After 4 years, this is what works for me. No text books in the classroom (used only as H.W.) if you have to use them. NO CD's!! because they waste valuable time and it can be done at home with the text.

My opinions